Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday

I'm tired of being focused on myself. Actually so tired that I think I might give up caring about myself ALL the time and focus on others instead.

Over the past couple of weeks I've had the feeling that I need to focus more on serving others because it makes me feel better and it helps me to know who I am. Interesting how a lot of the talks today at Ward Conference were centered on service. It's such an important part of this Earth life. Whenever I take time to visit a nursing home, to write a card, an email or a letter, I feel so much better about myself and my identity.
Instead of sitting at home and saying, Woe is me, I would rather sit at home and think of what I can do to make someone's day better.
There are a lot of things that I need to improve upon in my life and I want to change them because I want to be better and I want to have the Spirit's influence with me always.
So goal #1: to go to the temple this week and turn in these cards to the record's office. Not only because I have to turn them in, but because I want to go to the temple.


0 comments: