Monday, August 8, 2011

Sunday

We were all so tired from staying up late last night that we didn't get up right on time.. I think I got up at 9:30 which is when I am supposed to be leaving to go to Church. But we got there right before the Sacrament song so that was good. I didn't go to Sacrament meeting last week so I really wanted to take the Sacrament today.


Well it happened again. The old feeling of having to be perfect. So all day instead of REALLY paying attention in Sacrament Meeting and Sunday School I sat there trying to figure out if I was less than perfect and just putting myself down. All of us have times when we know we can do better. We are all learning and on a constant quest to become perfect in things. But we don't become perfect all at one time in fact, that is an eternal pursuit. But I sat in Church today and thought, what if I miss out on reading my scriptures, what if I miss out on saying my prayers, what if I miss out on going to the temple.. does that make me bad? Of course not. I had to call my Mom before Relief Society and get her perspective on things and then I talked to my friend who helped me to see that I was normal and okay and that we can always do better but that doesn't make us bad people or unworthy if we miss out on a day of scripture study.

I came home from Church and decided I was going to read the Old Testament. I have the Video helps so I picked a topic and just started reading the scriptures and supplemental material. It was really interesting. I learned a lot about King David and how he was granted the strength by God to kill Goliath and then he ended up committing adultery and lost His Kingdom and standing in God's sight.

Besides Sunday..... this week is Finals week. And I really need to study for Nutrition and I hope I can get up in the morning to go to class because I really need to go get the graded team problem done. Then I have a work meeting at 5 and then FHE. Whew. But life is good.

On the relationship side of things. I've learned that I'm a little bit too much, in fact, oddly too much like a certain person.. It would not work out.... The train has left the station.

0 comments: