Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Smells bring back Memories

Have you ever noticed that certain smells bring back memories? I'm sure you've thought that Apple Pies smells like Grandma's house and certain old musty places smell like Grandma's house.


Well today I smelled this coconut shampoo and it reminded me of the Summer of 07. When I worked up at the Ice Rink and had to go over to the Water Park and work the slides. Oh that was such a fun time. Seriously. People would get stuck in their tubes and I would have to push them down. And I would almost fall in. That would have been so annoying if I had fallen in. And then I had to operate the switch at the Toilet Bowl slide. You know the one where they slide down and go around in this huge thing and fall into 8 ft of water? yeah.. and I would wait for the guy at the bottom to hit the light so I knew to send someone else down.
That shampoo brought back a lot of memories. A summer that I will never forget, Actually.
Between hosing down the whole entire concession stand and getting water in the electrical outlet behind the coke machine. The 5-6 inches of water that was standing in the slope of the floor in the front of the cooking area. Red Gatorades and Chicken fingers. The Summer storm where we ate lunch with the front doors open. Bobbie's watermelons... ah. haha So many memories from Point Mallard. It was a great job- I learned a lot about how to work with others but more importantly, who I wanted to be.

0 comments: