Sunday, March 27, 2011

Easter Seasons

We had our Easter fireside tonight and it was good. I really enjoyed the musical numbers and the Mormon Messages that were shown. However, there is one Mormon Message that always gets to me each time I see it. You know when you see something and you just have this realization that there is more to life than you know? That you need to be a little better? And at the same time you feel this overpowering amount of love coming from the Heavens and descending upon you? Yeah that is what this video does to me.


So it's called "My Joy is Full". Click on the title to be linked to the vid.

Like I posted before I really tried to read about the trial and crucifixion of Jesus Christ so I could better understand what I was singing about. I can tell-- at least from my end-- that it really helped me to gain a greater testimony of what the Savior did for me. He was so humble, so innocent and submissive. When angry crowds ripped his clothes and left him standing humiliated he did not weep, he let them do those things because he loved them. It always amazes me to think that the Savior died for me and I admit, sometimes I don't fully comprehend it and understand that the wounds on his hands and feet were made because Christ offered himself as a sacrifice for all of us. But I am grateful for my Savior, for his atoning sacrifice and for the love that he shows me each day. I know that I will never be alone in this life because Christ will always be beside me if I live worthy of his companionship.

0 comments: