Saturday, May 7, 2011

I need some R&R

So I was reading in my Dad's letters from Vietnam that he got to go to Hawaii for his R&R and it was 7 days long. That sounds really good to me right about now. Getting back in to work will take some getting used to. Three days down last week and my calves are killing me. Tomorrow after Church I'll just sleep and rest all day long. That's what Sunday is for! It still seems like I'm so busy right now even though I really don't have that much to do. I just seem to be on the go, but I guess it's because I have a lot of errands to run.

Today was the day that I got my grill and let's just say-- it is not what I expected it to be when I took it out of the box. I think I got the worst one in the lot. The paint was chipped off, the handle came broken, the rim of the top of the grill was warped. It will still do the job but I kind of want to turn it back in and get my money back. I had to tape the handle back on after I super glued it so it's pretty ghetto. I decided to grill out tonight and I wanted to use my grill, but that didn't happen so I used the grill outside and used my charcoal-- my instant light charcoal mind you. It was a fast one to light and did it's job. We had steak, shrimp, asparagus, and squash and man was it good. That steak was so good. I got one of these grill mate rubs to put on it and it sure was tasty. Asparagus was crunchy and squash was moist, the shrimp I put a lemon pepper seasoning on it with some cilantro mixed in there. So good!!!

Then I went with Candace to her place and I looked around there. We talked and caught up and then decided to go to Yogurtland. This frozen yogurt place down on University Pkwy. that I hadn't been to yet. She had some coupons so we took advantage of those. Kelli wanted to invite this guy in her ward to come along with us and it just so happens that he's in my home stake and we know a lot of the same people so that was fun. I really never knew him that well back in HSV.

I'm currently in the middle of painting my fingernails this color:



I'm wearing gray and black tomorrow... I thought gray and black nails would look good. I'll do the right hand in the morning.

0 comments: