Thursday, April 21, 2011

Plan of Salvation.



This is the world. We are all familiar with its workings. The continents and oceans, animals of the air, earth, and water, the seasons and the weather. We don't remember when we came to this Earth and we don't remember what our first memory was of it. It seems as if randomly in time we were placed upon this globe to live and came to parents who raise us and teach us the things we need to know to survive.
But the truth is, we existed before we came to this Earth. We knew of a life with our Heavenly Father before we came here. We are His children! Our Spirits have merely come to Earth and become clothed with a mortal body.

Throughout life I have often looked up at the sky and wondered, "I'm stuck in this globe and I can't get out of it... unless I get in a rocket and shoot myself out of the atmosphere". I remember looking up at the sky and thinking to myself that I don't remember the first time I realized I was on Earth. It's like a continuum of something that I am already familiar with. As we experience the death of loved ones and close friends we often ask ourselves "Where do we go after we die?". It is a mystery to the world where we go after death. We don't know how death feels, we don't know what to expect because we haven't gone through anything like it before. Sometimes we convince ourselves that we will never see our loved ones again. They are lost forever. I testify to you that this is NOT true!



Our Savior Jesus Christ has atoned for the sins of the world. Through this Atonement he allowed all of us to return to the presence of our Heavenly Father because He made up the difference in the perfection that we lack. On the cross at Calvary he bled and died for each one of us so that we might live again. He broke the bands of everlasting death and hell and gave us the hope and promise of eternal life. I KNOW this is TRUE! I know that as Jesus was placed into the Garden Tomb he was laid to rest by his close friends. On the Third Day he was resurrected and had risen from the dead. His life is a testimony of the Plan of Salvation! His life reveals to us exactly where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. We know what happens after we die because of His resurrection and the physical proof that we will be reunited with our bodies after we die.

I have always asked myself why I feel no emotion at funerals. I can tell you it might be because I have been to so many or it might be because of my firm and solid testimony in the truth of the Plan of Salvation. I know it is real. I know that if we will follow it and have faith in this plan that our lives will be full of happiness. We have reason to mourn but we have no reason to fear. We have reason to question but we have no reason to doubt. I know that my family can be together forever and I know that they are together right now. I can not wait for the day when we are all reunited and will dwell in the eternities forever. I thank my Savior, Jesus Christ every day for giving this precious gift to all of us.

0 comments: