Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Mysterious Whistling Noise....

Every once in a while I hear this sound that sounds like a whistle. Sometimes it is quiet and will go away and then sometimes it lasts for a while. The pitch will go in and out in and out.... I only hear it when I'm at home. One time I thought it was coming from my grandma's head. I was about to freak out thinking there was something going on radioactive in her brain. Hey-- come on I have an imagination.

Well last summer when I first heard this sound I wanted to know what it was. And I said, "Ma what the mess is that sound?" and she replied, "My hearing aid".



Now, who ever thought that a hearing aid could make so much dang noise? And some annoying noise at that? We were just sitting here watching a movie and I hear this buzzing noise and she's over there playing with this bean shaped device. Saying it doesn't fit quite right in her ear.

If I haven't told you about my Grandma aka "Ma" before then you are at a loss for a bunch of good stories. Let me tell you some things just recently said...

" I need a big ole dinner bell so I can ring it for the neighbors to come eat. No, I'd just ring it for the heck of it so when they come out to see what's going on, I can tell them to go on home."
(Preface: we made fried salmon patties the other day she says to me two seconds ago...) "Jessica I want you to know, those salmon sucked. I took a bite of one of them patties and bit down on a big ole bone".
There are a plethora of stories I could tell you that would make you laugh your head off and probably roll your eyes.. but you've gotta love her.


Church was good and I took a nap and started reading East of Eden. That is the extent of my day. Goodbye.

0 comments: