Friday, April 8, 2011

Carpenters of God

Tonight I went to see the BYU Singers and Concert Choir in concert. I went to their Christmas concert and it was really good and their Spring concert was a success as well. There was something about the tone of the Concert choir that I absolutely loved. I closed my eyes and seriously, my head was swaying to the music and my eyebrows were raising up and down. Which is a good thing because it's almost as if I'm singing with them in my head.

I loved the blend and tone quality and the ability that both choirs had to stay in tune during sustained notes. That takes a lot of breath support and mind power.


The last song the choirs sang together was called "Carpenters of God". I absolutely loved the message that the song passed along to its listeners. I started reflecting on my life while they were singing these words. The Lord has blessed me with the gift of discernment. And just as of late I've been able to acknowledge that gift and use it more fully in my life. All of the things that I have learned by the Spirit are shaping my character. I am able to become stronger in many areas as I look to the Lord for strength and guidance. I was reminded about the analogies of sandpaper being the mean people in life... they may scratch you and rub you the wrong way, but in the end you will be polished and beautiful.. and the sandpaper will just be worn out and ugly. Or how the Lord refines us through trials and we become more polished.
This song made me realize that I do have the power to fight off Satan. I recognize and understand that I am the only one who can act for myself. I make choices each day and I should be making the choice to stay far from the adversary and "drench" and "cement" him. I'm better than Him and he knows it. The song also reminded me of the seminary song "Zion's camp..." Which reminds me I have to find some kind of hand out about Zion.....

0 comments: