Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Utah Changed me.

Before I came to Utah I wore Sperrys. In fact, everyone in the state of Alabama that was in high school or college wore Sperrys. You can wear them with multicolored skirts, shorts of various colors, Sunday outfits, and jeans. Sperrys go with just about anything that matches. They are comfortable and stylish and have that "preppy and classic" look. I wore them all the time in high school even though they do cost a pretty penny. At one time I had three different pairs.
In middle school and high school I shopped at this clothing store. In fact, our Goody's looked very much like this one here below. I didn't really like all of the clothing- in fact some of it looked down right cheap. But the accessories were always proven to be great. And when they had clearance I took advantage of those prices. I didn't really find any shoes there, purses and dresses sometimes and some shirts... but this is about where I shopped. And the gap, if you want to say that.


Now, I live in Utah. On the West Coast. Everyone is unique and has their own taste and style but some people I think get "sucked" into the Utah style. Skater shoes, classic high tops, brightly colored hoodies, red streaks and blue streaks in the hair... fohawks, mullets, you name it, Utah's got it. So I started shopping at PacSun when I was a Sophomore in College. I owe it to the influence of a friend and same great sales on shirts. It's the kind of look I would have said that punks and surfers wore when I lived back home.






The classic Vans. I hated Vans for a while. I thought they were the ugliest creations in the shoe industry. Well, I was looking at the wrong style of Vans. The sneaker is cute, comfy and goes with just about anything that fits into the color hue. Or you can pair it with something that isn't in its same color spectrum and have a rockin pop outfit. So I invested in my first pair of Vans last semester that look exactly like the ones below. Cute huh? I never thought I would wear Vans or like boys who wear Vans, but I guess I fell into the West Coast style.

I also experiment with bright colored eye shadow, different color shirts and flats, and try just about anything on at a store that looks half way decent. My jewelry is very random, modern, and classic at the same time and I love it. But for the record, I've only done the Utah "poof" with my hair once and I do not have my hair blonde.

0 comments: